[GE users] problem with suspension threshold

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 15 10:24:50 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 14.04.2010 um 23:46 schrieb terrychen:

> For some reason, I cannot manage to get the grid engine to suspend on a consumable complex, but it suspends just fine w/ np_load_avg. Is it possible to suspend jobs based on some license complex resource?

in principle you can suspend on a complex resource, but it will work the other way round, i.e. suspend when the amount of left licenses fall under a certain value (as the relation for licenses is <=, while for np_load_avg it is >=).

What do you want to achieve? It's for example not possible to free a license with such a setup.