[GE users] Isn't it really "jobwise" subordination

gracklewolf Gary_Smith at vrtx.com
Thu Apr 15 19:56:45 BST 2010

I've been messing with slotwise subordinate queues and after reading the documentation over and over, I'm still confused by the name "slotwise".  From what I understand, this type of subordination counts the number of jobs, not the number of slots being used.  A subordinate designation in a queue definition like so:

subordinate_list      slots=8(some.q:1:sr)

...actually means 8 the limit is 8 *jobs*, not 8 slots.  If I submit a parallel job that takes up 60 slots, it still only counts as one job with respect to the slotwise subordination total, correct?  This is what my test runs have indicated.

Why then did they not call it "jobwise" subordinate queues?  Actually, I'd really rather it work by slots, like the text implies.  Is there a way to tie subordination to "slots used"?