[GE users] sge_qmaster 6.2u5 daemon: repeating segfaults

beatrubi beat at 0x1b.ch
Fri Apr 16 08:21:25 BST 2010

Hello!

Quoting <mhanby at uab.edu> (15.04.10 16:13):

> I've noticed that the segfaults always appear following a reboot. We rebooted
> the sgemaster node 18 hours ago and have had 7 segfaults since.

Prior to the
> reboot the segfaulting had been dormant for several days at least.

I can't reproduce this. The server I see the issue has an uptime of more
then 100 days. Queuemaster is crashing regularly, see the amount during the
last days:

Apr  6 2010 5
Apr  7 2010 4
Apr  8 2010 9
Apr  9 2010 11
Apr 10 2010 18
Apr 11 2010 10
Apr 12 2010 4
Apr 13 2010 7
Apr 14 2010 11
Apr 15 2010 16
Apr 16 2010 4

Sadly I have no maintenance window in the next days. When the problem still
exists in some weeks, I'll try to recompile the Grid Engine with debugging
symbols.

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>