[GE users] sge_qmaster 6.2u5 daemon: repeating segfaults

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 16 12:15:12 BST 2010

beatrubi <beat at 0x1b.ch> writes:

> Nothing special: Mid sized system with ~260 nodes x 8 cores, a job mix of
> serial and parallel jobs up to 100 cores. 20-30 jobs on the system, 50-100
> waiting in the queue. Less then 100 jobs throughput per day. Nothing which
> should drive the Grid Enigne to the limits :-/

Yes, it's clear this isn't due to heavy resource use.  The only things I
can think of which are at all unusual in our setup are PE wildcards,
per-job complexes, and the exclusive complex for parallel jobs.  The
qmaster has four cores, which might be relevant to concurrency bugs.  I
don't think we'll get far by guessing, though.

--
Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org