[GE users] sge_execd died without any trace

fansn fansn at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:51:11 BST 2010

    [ The following text is in the "gb2312" character set. ]

Hi Everyone,

I'm using sge 6.2u5 on Redhat Enterprise 5 (2.6.18-164.6.1.el5), upgraded from 6.2u3 1 month ago. The master is very stable running more than 1 month. Everything works very well except on some execd nodes, the segexecd daemon will disappear with unknown reason, after a uncertian period, and nothing is left in the log file. However the shepherd daemons will continue running when the seg_execd dies.

I'm trying debuging the process. I set debug level to 5 (dl 5) but when I restart the daemon, it just display "starting sge_execd", although the process sge_execd is running. (The startup script is not finished either).

Does anyone have similar problem? Any comments will be great. Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Sinong Fan