[GE users] license integration: basic question

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Fri Apr 16 16:08:51 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 18:25 +0530, sangamesh wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply
>
> To run qlicserver as a loadsensor, how it can be done? Does mentioning
> the path of qlicserver in "load_sensor" entry of qconf -mconf command?

Not quite. We have a load-sensor shell script. Here's the listing from
qconf -sconf:
  load_sensor                  /opt/grid/default/site/qloadsensor

The shell script runs the qlicserver (in non-daemon mode) every report
interval. The site/qloadsensor is included in the flex-grid files.

    http://github.com/olesenm/flex-grid/tree/master/site/

You'll need to make some adjustments for your paths. Our 'site/environ'
file sets up some extra variables (SGE_site, LM_LICENSE_FILE, etc).

You can ditch most of the host_info and iidle_info bits if you want.
The rest should be fairly straight forward.

You should have your qmaster also be an exec host (eg, by adding a queue
with zero slots or whatever) otherwise the load sensor won't be called
for it.

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.