[GE users] license integration: basic question

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Fri Apr 16 16:12:02 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 08:34 -0500, kdoman wrote:
> olesen - I think I missed the qlicsensor part somewhere. I have
> qlicserver running as a daemon and it die frequently that I had to
> have a cron job to check it every couple of hours.

That's probably due to this issue:
   http://olesenm.github.com/flex-grid/issues.html

If you call it via a load sensor script, you'll have the same effect but
it'll be more reliable.  I haven't actually done any tests to see what
the overall performance change might be for the daemon mode vs. calling
it from a load sensor. However, the most time is spent waiting for the
license server to answer anyhow.

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.