[GE users] Resource Quota with parallel environment on 6.2u5

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Fri Apr 16 16:31:37 BST 2010

Hello,

I am experiencing some odd behavior with resource quota.  I have defined the following quota to limit the number of slots a user can consume in high.q:

{
  name    max_high_slots
  description "limit number of slots in high priority queue per user"
  enabled  TRUE
  limit  users {*} queues high.q to slots=24
}

It normally runs fine, unless I have a hard request to go to a specific host AND a request to run in parallel environment.

Job runs in the following situations:
> qsub -q high.q sleep.sh
> qsub -q high.q -l h=tester sleep.sh
> qsub -q high.q -soft -l h=tester sleep.sh
> qsub -q high.q -pe smp 2-4 sleep.sh

The job doesn't run when requested like this:
> qsub -q high.q -l h=tester -pe smp 2-4 sleep.sh

> qquota
> resource quota rule limit        filter
> max_high_slots/1    slots=9/24   users sumyee queues high.q

Scheduler reports the following:  cannot run because it exceeds limit "sumyee////" in rule "max_high_slots/1"

It doesn't seem to matter whether I have the scheduler sort by seq_no or by load.  I get the same result.  Is this issue related to the way the RQS is defined?  Is there a way around it?

Thanks,
Sum Yee