[GE users] Controlling multiple jobs

dr_st stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Apr 20 15:20:58 BST 2010

Dear colleagues,

I've searched though the manual, tried to get the answers from the
mailing list archive, but not found yet the anwser.

I have a working shell script launching hundreds of jobs, and i would
like to trigger an action (e-mail notification for instance + shell
script for filtering results) when all of them have finished.

So far i thought of putting in one qsub file the commands for the
hundreds of jobs, but i'm not sure this solution will be what i'm searching.

Each job can take from 20 minutes to 4 hours to complete, and the
cluster is not at my own disposal (of course!), so a solution for
triggering the check_them_all command after all jobs are finished is
probably something others have done already.

I found the "status" script at
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=252554

But i do not want to monitor regularly the job queue.

I'm using SGE 1.6.1u5

Thanks a lot in advance,

Stéphane