[GE users] failed job emails configuration

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 21 18:08:46 BST 2010

Am 21.04.2010 um 18:52 schrieb wagoodman:

> This is the problem I'm having. I have my SGE set up to send email alerts to sgealerts (which is a mailing list that me and another person belongs to)so when jobs fail I get notified. However this can be a double edge sword, when users submits array jobs (30 to 50,000) this brings MS outlook to it's knees, sometimes rendering my PC helpless. Is there a configuration to set to send just one email if a batch or array job fails, Please help the spam is killing me.

There is already an RFE for it. Do all tasks fail if any fails? It could be put into a mail-wrapper, but needs some persistent information of the job context to be stored, as the mail-wrapper has no access to the job's entries any longer (or send an email by hand inside the job script if the error could be trapped, but then only if $SGE_TASK_LAST equals $SGE_TASK_ID for the actual job).

Would this be feasible?

-- Reuti