[GE users] schedule interval

tkaminski t.kaminski at science-computing.de
Thu Apr 22 08:20:25 BST 2010

Hi,

reuti schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Am 21.04.2010 um 11:46 schrieb tkaminski:
>
>> we are using SGE 6.2u4. I have configured the scheduler in this way that
>> a scheduler run is triggered every hour. When I monitor the schedule
>> file I see that scheduler is triggered every 10 minutes. But why? Any ideas?
>>
>> Here is an output of my scheduler configuration:
>>
>> ------------------------- >8 -------------------------
>> algorithm                         default
>> schedule_interval                 01:00:00
>> maxujobs                          0
>> queue_sort_method                 seqno
>> job_load_adjustments              np_load_avg=0.50
>> load_adjustment_decay_time        0:7:30
>> load_formula                      np_load_avg
>> schedd_job_info                   true
>> flush_submit_sec                  0
>> flush_finish_sec                  0
>> params                            MONITOR=1
>> default_duration                  00:10:00
>> ------------------------- 8< -------------------------
>
> is this an empty cluster, or are there jobs finishing in the meantime? This should also trigger a scheduler run.

No, the cluster is not empty and it is possible that there are jobs
finishing in the meantime. But the timestamp of the schedule file
changes precisely every 10 minutes. This is very strange to me because I
am very sure that our jobs do not finish every 10 minutes. Who triggers
the scheduler in this case? Is it possible to avoid the triggering of
the scheduler by finishing jobs?

> -- Reuti

Bye,
Thomas
--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,