[GE users] Qmaster host !=submit host: exec hosts not working

foisysdiploide sylvain.foisy at diploide.net
Fri Apr 23 17:47:01 BST 2010

Sorry if the Subject line seems cryptic... We want to use our web server as
a submit host of our cluster to spread the work around. The qmaster is
running on an another server. I added the webserver as a submit host via
qcons -as <web> and it does show up when I do qconf -ss. I added the apache
user in the user list, made sure that all nodes had an apache user. When we
try to send sleeper.sh from the webserver from one of the regular users, it
works as advertised.

The problem: when we send a job via a web page form that wraps the qsub
process (right now, we are testing with sleeper.sh), we see the job showing
up in the queue, briefly appearing after dispatch to a node and
disappearing. When we look at the output, we see this:

Unable to run job: denied: host "executionX.inflammgen.local" is no submit
host.
Exiting.

Of course, it is not a submit host... I looked around by have not seen
anything obvious in the various posts. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks in advance

Sylvain

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Chargé de projet / Project Manager
Bio-informatique

Adresse postale:

Laboratoire de genetique et medecine genomique de l'inflammation
Institut de cardiologie de Montreal
5000 Belanger
Montreal, Qc
H1T 1C8

T: 514-376-3330 x.2299 | F: 514-593-2539
M: sylvain.foisy at inflammgen.org
W: http://www.inflammgen.org