[GE users] Seemingly random node crashes

biostat adam at greenhodge.net
Fri Apr 23 19:59:50 BST 2010

It might be...our head node is the NFS server. But we aren't using the head node as an execution node, so it's not being taxed CPU- or memory- wise. Nor have any of the directories we are writing to come even close to filling up (a df reveals all our drives to be filled to 10%).

I forgot to mention it SEEMS to only happen when we run jobs that are owned by root, and I found that our symptoms seem to correlate quite strongly with those found here: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6594071#6594071