[GE users] Seemingly random node crashes

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 20:44:50 BST 2010

--- On Sat, 4/24/10, jlforrest <jlforrest at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I had so many problems using Mac OS Server as an
> NFS fileserver that I moved this function over
> to a Linux server and have had no problems since.

I remember 6 or 7 years ago Linux's was bad when used as an NFS server, and I needed to use Solaris, and these days Linux is much better!

But given that Apple is more focused on consumers and thus there will be less effort in the server space, using a more solid server OS like Linux is better. And I think it has been raised many times that Mac OS X is not a very good operating system in cluster environments.

 -Ron