[GE users] qlicserver dies randomly

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Mon Apr 26 09:07:59 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 09:25 -0700, sli1que wrote:
> I am running qlicserver as a cron and when I do this, the results that
> are written to the cache are wrong. When I run the script from the
> command line it pulls the correct info.

This sounds like your environment (eg, LM_LICENSE_FILE) is not correctly
set or is inconsistent. The corresponding param can be set within the
qlicserver.config to avoid this sort of problem.

> I can't run it on the command line as it dies with no error randomly.

Dies with no error, or with the sigalarm problem?
http://olesenm.github.com/flex-grid/issues.html

>  Anyone have any suggestions

Try using a load sensor to activate qlicserver.
There are a few notes on this recent thread:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=253681

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.