[GE users] qlicserver dies randomly

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 14:07:47 BST 2010

olesen <Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com> writes:

> This sounds like your environment (eg, LM_LICENSE_FILE) is not correctly
> set or is inconsistent. The corresponding param can be set within the
> qlicserver.config to avoid this sort of problem.

Something else to check is that lmutil is on the path, and also that the
relevant output files are writable by the uid under which it's running.
That includes the error output, which may tell you what the problem is
if you run it as a load sensor.  (Not I'd fall foul of either of those,
obviously.)

While I'm at it, here are some changes to the load sensor I hadn't got
round to sending.  They tidy it up and add commentary which mentions
both of the above.  The result probably shouldn't need local edits, as I
think what you might want to override can just be done in the sourced
environ file.