[GE users] qlogin - waiting on socket fd 4

mad margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Tue Apr 27 13:48:02 BST 2010

I am using Rocks 5.2, Red Hat 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 and SGE 6.1u4

Yesterday, I rebooted the head node as it was in a state where the
memory was locked up.
I did not reboot the compute nodes.

cluster-fork date     showed all the compute nodes as active

We are now having problems with the queues working

-bash-3.1$ qlogin -pe queue2 1
Your job 228189 ("QLOGIN") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout (3 s) expired
while waiting on socket fd 4
.error: error waiting on socket for client to connect: Interrupted
system call

After receiving this error I did reboot the compute nodes that are
used by queue2.  The reboot made no difference.

What's wrong?  How do I fix the problem?

Thanks for your help