[GE users] binary re-location

stephendennis sdennis at univaud.com
Tue Apr 27 14:23:41 BST 2010

Hello List

Possibly this solution will work for you.  I have written it in
commands to provide precision.

Assumes SGE_ROOT is /opt/sge and SGE_CELL is default, and
that SGE the above are located on filer:/export/opt/sge/default

     cd /opt
     mkdir sge.local
     rsync -ruvalP --exclude default sge/ sge.local/     #< copy
     qconf -km                 #< kills the master
     umount /opt/sge       #< maybe will have to kill local execd, dbwriter, other stuff before this
     mv sge sge.save       #< move the old mountpoint out of the say (should be empty anyway)
     mv sge.local sge       #< move the new
     rm -rf sge/default     #< remove the local copy of the spool, should be not there but just to be sure
     mount filer:/export/opt/sge/default /opt/sge/default   # < mount just the cell
     /etc/init.d/sgeqmaster start  # < start SGE

Surely there are some other details for your setup, but thats the gist of it.

Thanks
Stephen