[GE users] How to identify a set of jobs as being from the same run?

bdbaddog bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Apr 27 20:44:30 BST 2010

Greetings,

We have a test management system which may launch 1-several thousand jobs.
Each job may request different resources.
The job's are currently trickled into SGE, and the user may launch
several sets of tests at the same time (each set is a different run).

What's the best way to identify the list of jobs (such that I can
extract them from the accounting file) which were part of the same
run?
Is job name the only way to do this?

Thanks,
Bill