[GE users] How to identify a set of jobs as being from the same run?

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Apr 27 21:10:37 BST 2010

There is an argument to qsub ("-A") maybe? That lets you pass arbitrary
information that does nothing but end up in the accounting log. The
manpage/docs should have this. Another common approach is to use the
project feature for this as it also ends up in the logs.

Another option is to submit a single job array containing all the
thousands of tasks. Then you'd have a single job, single job ID and a
single job name ("-N").

-Chris