[GE users] Fwd: Subordinate queue help

jlforrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 29 18:40:08 BST 2010

On 4/29/2010 7:30 AM, futurity wrote:

> The other reason for choosing to use 12 "low" queues is that the
> associated 12 "high" queues can suspend just a single job rather than
> all the jobs on the same machine.

I've just started looking into subordinate queues and I've
learned about the behavior described above. That is,
all the jobs in a subordinate queue get suspended when
there is just one job in the higher queue. This seems
unduly harsh. It would make more sense if there
were a one to one suspension. By this I mean that if
there's one job in the higher queue, then just one
job in the subordinate queue should be suspended.
Two jobs results in two suspensions, and so on.

Searching this list shows that various other people have commented
on this in the past and have submitted feature requests. Can
anybody from Sun/Oracle comment on the status of these
requests?

Cordially,

--
Jon Forrest