[GE users] slotwise preemption

mrostaee mrostaee at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 06:34:11 BST 2010

yes, I have limited slots for a node only. I defined consumable resource for one node Slots=4.I removed this limitation.
 SGE(OGE) doesnot have any configuration such h_vmem or virtual_free on host or queue. only "slots" parameter of two queues set to 4.
I have two nodes. test1 and c0-0
now, I submit two jobs that require 4 slots to sec.q. these two jobs runs on c0-0.

I submit a 8 slots job on all.q , but this job is running on c0-0 too. this means that a node wiyh 4 slots runs 3 jobs that require 12 slots.

I want that  4 slot nodes use really 4 slots and when I submit a 4 or 8 slots job to all.q, jobs on sec.q be suspend