[GE users] prevent oversubscribing and slotwise preemption

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 3 12:24:28 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 03.08.2010 um 06:38 schrieb mrostaee:

> when I use slotwise preemption, a host shouldn't be limited on slots by consumable attributes or by RQS. is it right?
>
> if it is so, how can i prevent oversubscribing of host's slots and use slotwisepreemption too?

you can either define it in the queue configuration e.g. 4 per queue instance, which would mean 4 in pri.q and 4 in sec.q.

Due to the slotwise preempt you should never see more than 4 in running state at the same time, but of course some on the node in suspend state.

==

Or: in case you prefer putting all limits in RQS, you can also define an arbitrary high number in the queue configuration like 99 as slot count, and have a rule like:

limit queues {pri.q,sec.q} hosts {*} to slots=4

which means for each of the queues pri.q and sec.q on each host allow only 4 slots.

-- Reuti