[GE users] Negative consumable resource

matthieu131 matthieu.melot at andritz.com
Tue Aug 3 15:20:51 BST 2010

Hello all,

I can see a strange behavior when setting a consumable resource (actually a counter for floating licenses as suggested in the howtos) for the global execution host.

qconf ?sc gives:

#name shortcut type relop requestable consumable default urgency
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f_cfx_jl fcfxjl INT <= YES JOB 5 0

and qconf ?sc global gives: complex_values f_cfx_jl=5

For debugging purposes I have launched 10 jobs that contain only a sleep command. Each of these jobs requires a license with the option ?l f_cfx_jl=1

But after launching the 10 jobs, all are running, and qhost ?F f_cfx_jl returns a negative value for the consumable resource:

HOSTNAME ARCH NCPU LOAD MEMTOT MEMUSE SWAPTO SWAPUS
global - - - - - - -
Host Resource(s): gc:f_cfx_jl=-5.000000

Obviously this is not the behavior I am looking for. After a search in the mailing list I have seen that this problem could be related with the issue 2901. But it is written that the problem has been solved since 6.2u3 release and we use the 6.2u5. So am I doing something wrong, or the bug is still here?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards

Matthieu Melot
Hydraulic Engineering
Andritz Hydro Ltd.
6100 TransCanada Hwy.
Pointe-Claire, Québec, Canada
H9R 1B9
Tel. (514) 428-6942
Matthieu.Melot at andritz.com<mailto:Matthieu.Melot at andritz.com>
www.andritz-hydro.com

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of the intended recipients. They may contain privileged and/or confidential information or other information protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system.

Thank You.