[GE users] ARCo 6.2u5 problems Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ... The console failed to start.

wagoodman wgoodman at jcvi.org
Thu Aug 5 23:34:20 BST 2010

I issued this command to change the java heap size:
wcadmin add -p -a reporting java.options="... -Xmx512M ..."

After that I did:

smcwebserver restart and now I'm receiving:
Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ... The console failed to start.

I even reinstalled the software. the sge dbwritter is running. I've collected so much data, I would hate to do a complete ARCo installation over again. Has this happed to anyone lately? If so what was the fix, I'running sge6.2u3 now but I'm planning to upgrade to sge6.2u5 this Monday. Help is needed.

Bill