[GE issues] [Issue 3254] New - SGE Clients crash on SLES 11.2 64Bit

tgebert tgebert at transtec.de
Mon Aug 9 16:28:15 BST 2010

Hi there,

some time ago since this thread was updated, but I now found a, let's call workaround for this problem...
The error described in this thread only occurs if I have nis configured in the nsswitch.conf. Even when the user is not provided by nis. Just the entry issues this problem...

However, when I start the nscd on the hosts that run the sgeexecd a qlogin or a qsub will not show these errors. Shutting down nscd again, the error will show up again.
This seems to work for NIS users and non-NIS users.

The interesting part is that I do not need the nscd in the 32-bit version of the SGE to make it work with NIS.
I also have tested the setup with the ssh integration described in the how-to section ( http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html ), but this shows the same behaviour as the "builtin" layout