[GE users] Re: MPICH2 Hydra integration with SGE

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Aug 9 16:40:13 BST 2010

Hi,

just after I put my hints for the integration of the new startup mechanism called Hydra of MPICH2 in SGE on the list, they got interested in supplying an easier integration. Pavan Balaji from the MPICH2 team did the necessary work over the weekend, and hence my hints no longer apply.

Instead MPICH2 from 1.3 onwards will have a tight integration into SGE builtin by default. Nothing special to define in your PE (the start_proc_args can be left as "/bin/true" or just "NONE"), and also the `mpiexec` don't need any switch. They will detect automatically that they are running inside SGE, parse the generated $PE_HOSTFILE and call `qrsh -inherit` to start processes on the slave nodes.