[GE users] about DRMMA

templedf daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Wed Aug 11 15:26:20 BST 2010

See http://www.drmaa.org

> 2-where a drmma job can be run? master or submit

 From an submit node.

> 3-why we use drmma script? e.g. a drmma script for subit a job, wheras  i can run qsub command and qstat for status of it?

Because a DRMAA script is faster and more scalable and less burden on
the master than forking off a ton of CLI tools.

> 4-If i want to implement a simple interface for submit and control job,
> can i use drmma script for any sge'command?

No.  DRMAA today is in fact fairly limited.  It basically offers you the
capabilities of qsub and qdel with a small bit of qstat -j.

> what is better? use of sge's command or drmma script?

If you can do what you want to do with DRMAA, then DRMAA is better.  If
you can't, then DRMAA isn't an option.

> 5-is there any refrence except "sge using guide" for more information on drmma and sge?

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/drmaa_java.html
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/drmaa.html

Daniel