[GE users] name server, and restarting sge master without losing jobs?

gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:22:38 BST 2010

Our network admin is changing the name server, but every time he
brings down the old name server, sge hangs.
The machine on which sge is running has the correct resolv.conf, and
can use the new name server with no problems.

So,

1) Does SGE cache network information (including name server)? Is
there a way to flush that?

2) Last time I restarted the sge master server, I believe all queued
jobs were killed. Is there some way
  to restart the daemon without losing all queued jobs? If I reboot
the daemon server, will the list of queued
jobs survive?

Thank you.

  Vadim