[GE users] Jobs still shown as running after process has died

robhorton r.horton at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 16:59:40 BST 2010

Hi,

I've noticed a few cases recently where jobs appear in qstat as running,
although the actual process on the execution host has died. I know this
happens when a host is in an unknown state, but it is currently
happening on a host which is (apparently) healthy and running another
job normally. The jobs normally disappear when the execd is restarted.
I'm not too worried about the jobs dying per se, but it would be nice if
their execution slot could be cleared without manual intervention.

Any thoughts?

Rob