[GE users] ARCo ju_exit_status -1

kisielk kamil at kamilkisiel.net
Fri Aug 13 01:27:09 BST 2010

> There seems to be a strange issue that I can't seem to figure out... all jobs that run past midnight seem to get an exit status of -1 in ju_exit_status field and the job end time is set to midnight (00:00:xx)in sge_job_resource table of ARCo.  All of these jobs seem to have that same pattern but nothing strange in the logs or suspicious.  The strange part is that the job continues to run without a problem and it completes normally... anyone seen this or know what may cause this?
>
> The other question is, what does -1 exit status mean if the job completes successfully.  By the way, this is under 6.2u5
>
> Thanks in advance!

-1 indicates the job is still running. By default ARCo's db_writer will write a usage record for any jobs that are still running within some defined period, I think usually by midnight. So a ju (job usage) record with an exit status of -1 indicates that the job was still running at that point and gives the job's usage up until that point.