[GE users] Planned Downtime

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Aug 14 10:55:30 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 13.08.2010 um 23:34 schrieb jebnor:

> When a calendar sets a queue to 'off', does the scheduler take this
> into account and not schedule jobs that would run during the 'off'
> time?  My system requires a h_rt parameter.

yes, this is possible. But you will have to enable resource reservation by setting "max_reservation" to a reasonable value (see `man sched_conf`).

> What I am trying to do is disable a set of compute nodes for a
> scheduled downtime.

In this case the calendar needs to be attached to the subset of nodes which are covered by the queue(s) in question.

Another option could be to submit some AR (advance reservation) for exactly these machines.