[GE users] cost..

templedf daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Tue Aug 17 15:27:06 BST 2010

That's no longer accurate.  I've gotten that price lowered considerably
since the acquisition.

The "multiplier" thing basically means that anything above dual core
counts as half the actual core count, i.e. a quad core counts as a dual
core.  We actually have a big reference table that says the multiplier
for each chip set.  The other thing to keep in mind is that the list
price at Oracle doesn't mean much.  It's all about the discount.  In
other words, talk to a sales rep before making any assumptions about
price. :)

Daniel