[GE users] Parallel job distribution to span subclusters

henry_leyh henry.leyh at ipp.mpg.de
Wed Aug 18 12:22:52 BST 2010

Hello,
We have two subclusters, A and B, in our cluster.  The machines in subcluster
A are almost identical to those in B, the only difference being slightly
faster CPUs.  I can send parallel jobs to either A or B (not caring which)
using wildcards in the PE selection.

What I would like now is a job which doesn't fit in A or B to span over free
slots in A _and_ B.  That is, only if there are not enough free slots in
neither A nor B it is allowed to combine slots from both A and B.

Any ideas?  As I understand, sequential numbering of PEs is not available yet?

Best regards,
Henry

--
Henry Leyh ------------ Software Development / System Administration
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik / Stellarator Theory Department

/*   http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?t=k&ll=54.0743,13.4238&z=19   */