[GE users] GE 6.2u5 exit_status issue

leonardz leonardz at sickkids.ca
Wed Aug 18 17:38:19 BST 2010

I am trying to debug a newly installed program which fails after 1 second. The application produced no error lods, ge did not produce .e and/or .o files and the only thing I have to go on is:

qacct -j jid shows

slots        1
failed       0
exit_status  2
ru_wallclock 1

What is exit_status 2 : I cannot see it in the ge 6.2u5 documentation.

Len Zaifman
Systems Manager, High Performance Systems
The Centre for Computational Biology
The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Ave.
Toronto, Ont M5G 1X8

tel: 416-813-5513
email: leonardz at sickkids.ca

This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.