[GE users] Re: Re: Re: [GE users] Issue seen in 6.2U5 : memory values reported bySGE too low compared to top output on linux systems

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 19 00:13:14 BST 2010

Am 18.08.2010 um 23:28 schrieb ron:

> Great, and the "Open Grid Scheduler" project will also accept patches so that it will build smoothly on other distributions (I recall the "getline" bug that is maintained as a seperate patch for a few distributions).

What license will apply to this product then? Can we include some GNU tools and libs now - i.e. a tight sshd for example. I would also like to use getops and getops_long for the arguments parsing to OGS. I'm sometimes trapped by using the combined style and leaving blanks out, which works for other applications but not OGS.

> I think we will be focused on bug fixing for the next few months, before we start anything big.

Yeah. Will we need to support all stuff which is right now in the package, or focus on the one that is most needed by the community?

I would also suggest to look into combining OGS with the "GNU Batch" scheduler - it would extend OGS with changable consumables depending on the result of a job, and use them to start another job and also cron-like features.

It was at one time advertised on the list here: http://wildfire.bii.a-star.edu.sg/index.php but I never got a reply when I contacted the developers. Some workflow tool would be nice. For now GEL is running completely outside of OGS, and submitting the jobs when it discovers that they should run - but then they have to wait again. And when the external daemons crashes, all workflow is lost.

-- Reuti