[GE users] Build support for follow-up project

reidac andrew.reid at nist.gov
Thu Aug 19 17:04:16 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:59:30AM -0400, joelandman wrote:
> rayson wrote:
> > That's a good idea, but I don't have enough time to support each
> > distro. It's 12:30am in Toronto and I am still up :(
> >
> > Someone interested in providing build support? I guess without Sun, we
> > will need to handle many things ourselves!
>
> Sorry I am late to this ... what do we need for build support?

  I'm not in a position to help directly, but I'm an enthusiastic
user of the Debian-packaged SGE.

  There are already package maintainers for Debian, they're
listed on the package pages, e.g. here
<http://packages.debian.org/lenny/gridengine-client>, and those
guys should have access to Debian build-support resources.

  Of course I do not speak for these guys, or whether they'd
continue supporting the new version, I just wanted to
point out that some support infrastructure already exists.

  I would imagine that the situation is similar for other
Linux distros for which SGE is already packaged.

				-- A.
--
Dr. Andrew C. E. Reid
Computer Operations Administrator