[GE users] Re: Re: Re: [GE users] Issue seen in 6.2U5 : memory values reported bySGE too low compared to top output on linux systems

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 18:07:50 BST 2010

rayson <rayrayson at gmail.com> writes:

> Keep in mind that in SISSL there is the "Standards body" thing, and if
> we don't comply with it, then SISSL will be converted into a copyleft
> license.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Industry_Standards_Source_License
>
> May be it is not a bad thing to release everything under a copyleft
> license, as we don't need to make money off Grid Engine or OGS, and
> the BioTeam and anyone can continue to use Grid Engine for free.

This seems rather confused.  SISSL is copyleft (but rather odd), and
copyleft code stays copyleft by design.  I don't understand the point
about making money and Bioteam.  Surely you explicitly want people to be
able to provide a support service.

Beware of software patent threats outside the coverage of the SISSL,
which I'm not sure is very clear.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org