[GE users] submit jobs between clusters
rray at semtech.com
Thu Aug 19 20:44:24 BST 2010
reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote on 08/18/2010 01:51:25 PM:
> Am 18.08.2010 um 16:19 schrieb russray:
> > I have setup two clusters that are independent of each other at
> different sites.
> > Site 1: running GE 6.1u3
> > Site 2: running GE 6.2u2_1
> > I would like to have users at Site 2 to be able to submit a job to
> a queue on Site 1. Can someone point me to a how-to or manual or
> something that would help me figure out how to have the clusters
> "see" each other so jobs could be submitted to the other site?
> which features do you need in detail - you have to distribute also
> large input-/outout-data? The users are known at both locations with
> the same UID? An SSH connection exists?
> -- Reuti
1. centralized authentication so users known by all machines at both locations
2. auto mounted home directories by all machines for all users
3. ssh used to login to a machine
4. jobs are single jobs, low data to start the job, then a compressed tar file to return to user
5. data can use cp and no ftp or scp necessary
And if it matters, the clusters are small.
Site 1: 5 machines, 15 cpus
Site 2: 3 machines, 18 cpus
Currently only one queue on Site 1 needs to be used from Site 2 and no jobs from Site 1 need to run on Site 2.
More information about the gridengine-users