[GE users] did I miss something? (openscheduler, etc. etc)

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 19 23:18:40 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 20.08.2010 um 00:11 schrieb craffi:

> I'm trying to get my head around the mailing list threads where people
> are talking about moving the source code elsewhere and otherwise forking
> off things.
>
> What did I miss?
>
> If people are upset about the 90-day eval limit on the binaries
> available from oracle.com than all we really need to do under the terms
> of the SISSL license is organize ourselves to the point where we can
> build and host our own courtesy binaries (just like the ones that
> gridengine.sunsource.net used to provide).
>
> Any binaries built by us from the SGE codebase will not be encumbered by
> the 90-day eval license restrictions.
>
> I feel like I missed an Oracle announcement or something? Are they not
> putting patches back into gridengine.sunsource.net or something?

u6 isn't there for weeks - u5 is the last source which is available right now. And there is not much activity at the CVS mailing list recently:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewForumSummary.do?dsForumId=35&currentPage=1

The question is: will u6 and later be closed source? So, any patches and fixed and new features we will have to do on our own then.

-- Reuti