[GE users] did I miss something? (openscheduler, etc. etc)

jeffbeadles jeff_beadles at mentor.com
Fri Aug 20 06:41:18 BST 2010

The short version is that Oracle hasn't released the6.2u6 source,
and has made no statement in public that they will.
(or they won't, to be fair, however I doubt after a delay of
this long that they will change their minds and release it)

I think that most folks are seeing the writing on the wall,
and starting the unfortunate (but necessary) process of the fork,
so the code base can continue to be updated, bugs fixed, new functionality
added, ...

It's a sad time in my opinion.  We're using the pay-for-it version now, but started with
the open source version, and took a LOT longer than 90 days to finally decide to switch.

  -Jeff

I don't officially speak for my company, and opinions here are mine personally.