[GE users] Licensing

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:32:16 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM, jcold <jc at axyzfx.com> wrote:
> On Monday 23 August 2010 11:07:32 am Andy Schwierskott wrote:
>
>> Well, the article is a bit late - 14 months late actually. So June is
>> kind of right, but it was already in June 2009:-)
>
>        :P  Sorry Andy, thanks...

Hi John,

I think the real concern is that the source code of SGE 6.2u6 is not
available anymore. Not a lot of people are concerned about the
"commercial version" of SGE not available for free.

I know this has been "discussed" many times in the past few months,
the community has not received anything concrete yet from Oracle.
Before one could always get the free version or compile from source,
but now those options are gone, and SGE users will need to use the
commercial version of SGE if they want to use SGE 6.2u6 (and future
versions?).

Rayson