library licenses (was: Re: Re: Re: [GE users] Issue seen in 6.2U5 : memory values reported bySGE too low compared to top output on linux systems)

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Aug 25 16:59:57 BST 2010

Am 25.08.2010 um 17:34 schrieb wagoodman:

> Hi all,
>
> At my site we have a licensed SGE 6.2U5, I put in a service request to sun and I get the
> same answer that everybody else is saying "it's fixed in release SGE 6.2U6". My only problem
> is, we just completed an upgrade two weeks ago... I had to request a major outage. Is there
> a quick fix or patch for this.

After you tested 6.2u6 (either on different ports or in a different cluster): you can patch a live system when it's only a minor update:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/install62patch.txt

When it's working for the open source addition, it might also work for the commercial one (do on your own risk).

-- Reuti