[GE users] did I miss something? (openscheduler, etc. etc)

coffman michael.coffman at avagotech.com
Wed Aug 25 22:38:56 BST 2010

I am still also trying to make sense of this also.

I don't generally follow the mailing list unless I have issues.   But I have spent a few days going through the threads related to SGE OGE, etc...  licensing and I am still not clear.

Which version can I use with out paying Oracle and where can it be downloaded from.

6.1 looks to be available here and appears to be free:

  http://gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/61/download.html

Selecting GE 6.2 Binares on the left of the above page takes you to cds.sun.com<http://cds.sun.com> which looks to be a more oracle centric page:

          https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=GE-6.2U5-OS-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

So is the above download considered under the oracle umbrella that allows only 90 days of usage referenced in threads on this mailing list?   If yes, does anyone know where the document(s) live that explain this?   I can't seem to find anything 'clear'.

Any pointers to official docs would be greatly appreciated...

BTW: I am also having trouble finding anything about buying versions from oracle.   I admit I am a bit slow sometimes, but things seem to be quite obfuscated....

Thanks.

-MichaelC