[GE users] How to setup multi-platform submit hosts?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 26 11:10:39 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 26.08.2010 um 12:01 schrieb sonsh99:

> I want to setup multi-platform(solaris 5.9 and Redhat 5.3) submit hosts to SGE.
>
> But. setup file is separate platform.(ex ge62u5_lx25-amd64.tar.gz)
>
> Is right that each platform file setup to corresponded host?
>
> How to setup multi-platform submit hosts?

there is nothing special about the submit host. It just needs the binaries for his own architecture. The usual setup is to have a /usr/sge in which you untar one time the common-archive and then for each architecture the specific-binary-archives. These will be untarred into different sub-directories automatically.

When /usr/sge is shared, he will grab the correct binaries automatically.