[GE users] settings.sh failing in ubuntu 10.04?

prtc paulartcoelho at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:00:19 BST 2010

thx both.
i'll report ubuntu too.

On 26 August 2010 07:00, fx <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk<mailto:d.love at liverpool.ac.uk>> wrote:
prtc <paulartcoelho at gmail.com<mailto:paulartcoelho at gmail.com>> writes:

> hello,
>
> i just installed grid engine on ubuntu 10.04 but when i source settings.sh i get error messages:
>
> [: 359: 11: unexpected operator
> [: 359: 11: unexpected operator

I think it's due to the `arch' script, and there's a gridengine bug
report about it.  If it hasn't been fixed in the Ubuntu packages, make
an Ubuntu bug report too.

This fixes it.  (There were other suggestions for fixes, but I think
this DTRT, especially as it doesn't require `strings'.  It should go in
grdischeduler when that's accepting contributions.)