[GE users] -cwd flag on Mac os and automounted directories (6.2u5)

seandavi seandavi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:48:02 BST 2010

We use automounting of directories on the Mac and one of the default mounts is /net where mounts for known servers can be mounted automatically.  In any case, that leads to directory names like:

/net/example.com/export/abc1<http://example.com/export/abc1>

To make this system look like the linux boxes which mount everything to /import, we soft-link from /import/abc1 to /net/example.com/export/abc1<http://example.com/export/abc1>.  This is all fine and qsub -cwd works fine if launched from a linux machine.  However, if qsub is run from a mac, the current working directory is reported as /net/example.com/export/abc1<http://example.com/export/abc1> instead of /import/abc1, even if the shell reports /import/abc1 as the current directory.  This leads to having to submit jobs from linux only.  Any suggestions for a workaround for this behavior?  Ideally, I'd like to not have to change mounting on the macs, but that might be the only way to go.

Thanks,
Sean