[GE users] reports running job (xxxx.xx/master) in queue "xyz.q at myhost" that was not supposed to be there

l_heck lydia.heck at durham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 16:16:42 BST 2010

Some time ago, one user flooded the system with several 10s of thousands of jobs
and brought the batch server to its knees. I tried to qdel but without success.
In the end, in desparation, I deleted the jobs scripts. which did the trick.
However There are two legacy ghost jobs for which I get the error messages f the
kind

reports running job (123456.16/master) in queue "xyz.q at myhost" that was not
supposed to be there

I tried to kill it, but the job does not exist anymore. Is there a way to tidy
this up?

I have restarted the server etc, but this information is kept in the qmaster's
memory beyond it being restarted.

Lydia Heck