[GE users] how can configure SGE for different request of jobs

mlelstv mlelstv at serpens.de
Sat Aug 28 14:29:40 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 02:42:56PM +0200, reuti wrote:
> *) I find it somewhat inconsequent, that the bash will on the one hand replace "mpi*" with the list of filenames, in case there are any starting with "mpi" . But on the other hand forward the plain asterisk in case there are none - the list should simply be empty then.

That's a feature. Most programs called by the shell will then just
use the wildcard string as a filename and report that the file does
not exist. Most often this is a useful behaviour. E.g.:

$ rm *.bak
rm: cannot remove `*.bak': No such file or directory

while an empty list would make rm print the usage message.

In bash you can enable the 'empty list' behaviour with 'shopt -s nullglob'.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de