[GE users] How to install a many exec hosts?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Aug 30 16:02:36 BST 2010

Am 30.08.2010 um 14:46 schrieb craffi:

> If you have passwordless SSH access to the remote hosts you can
> construct a template file and automate the install that way.
>
> Some URLS:
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u6/How+to+Automate+the+Master+Host+Installation
>
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Configuration+File+Templates
>
> The keywords are "template driven autoinstall"
>

> The template file you can start with (or look at) will be in
> $SGE_ROOT//util/install_modules/inst_template.conf

In addition an installation by hand is also possible, with the same condition of a passphraseless login:

a) install one time the exced, this can also be done on the headnode (in which case you use `chkconfig --del sgeexecd.p6445` afterwards to remove the startup of the execd on this machine again and `qconf -de <headnode>` to remove it from the list of known exechosts. We just need the configured script to start the daemon.

b) add all nodes as administrative hosts in a loop: for i in ...; do qconf -ah $i; done

c) copy the startup script to all machines: for i in ...; do scp /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 $i:/etc/init.d; done

d) install the startup script: for i in ...; do ssh $i chkconfig --add sgeexecd.p6445; done

e) startup all exechosts: for i in ...; do ssh $i /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 start; done

-- Reuti